This is the SmoothSpan blog. Its for Executives, Entrepreneurs, and other Digerati who need to know about SaaS, Social, Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Cloud Computing in general.
The blog was founded in 2007 by Bob Warfield, and is focused on exploring the many ways in which the Web is radically changing the world of software through SaaS, Open Source, Social, Cloud, Mobile Computing, and other cutting-edge business models. It covers radical technology innovation with equally radical business model innovation to literally reinvent and extend software as it used to be.
Be sure to have a look at the Themes page which gives the Cliff’s notes version of what’s going on in this blog.
If you like what you’re seeing, you’d better subscribe to the feed and stay in touch!
People look at my resume and wonder how I wound up doing one thing or another. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern and no two gigs are alike.
My resume is very confusing to recruiters and potential employers.
A better answer than the resume is that I’m really good at and enjoy:
- Learning new things very deeply.
- Figuring out what the problem is and then creating products that solve that problem in unique new ways that users love.
- Wearing all the hats: sales, marketing, engineering, customer service, you name it. Blending all the perspectives to create a holistic view is a tremendous advantage.
- Strategy. Someone once said, “Strategy is what you do to make winning easy.” I’ve always liked that idea.
- Working with people to create world class teams that do extraordinary things.
The short form is I like to create things that people find useful, and I have a pretty good track record of it. In an earlier era I’d be called an “inventor” or maybe a “renaissance man”, but I don’t hear those words applied to software much. Let’s just stick with “entrepreneur”. That works too.