Social Graph or Network? Or Social Time Waster?
Posted by Bob Warfield on September 22, 2007
There’s a massive amount of traffic in the blogosphere about whether we should be referring to Social Graphs or Social Networks. Over the weekend just the blogs I follow that commented on this included:
- Dave Winer: Who started this particular go round and insists you sound like a monkey if you call it a Social Graph.
- Josh Catone over at R/W Web: Agrees he found it all very confusion when the term Social Graph came up.
- Nick Carr: Was similarly confused until someone straightened it out for him.
- Scoble: Disagrees with Winer et al, the Social Graph and Social Network are two different things to him, thank you very much. I don’t think he liked being told he sounds like a monkey, but then, who would?
- Alen Patrick: Places a vote against Social Graph because “it irritated him” when he first came aross it.
- Dave McClure: He of the 500 hats says he agrees with Winer, but puts a thumb in his eye saying RSS = XML.
Talk about a tempest in a teacup! Is it just a slow news day, or what? People, get a life!